Sunday, January 2, 2011
New Year
2011 got off to a great start for me. After ringing in the New Year with JVH & TVH (JD had to go to bed early to get up at 4:30am for work), I went downtown in the morning to run the Resolution 5K with two awesome women. I ended up parking behind AHM by accident, and then met up with ZZ at the registration area. It was COLD (under 30, which is cold for Oregonians) and breezy but sunny. Once we got moving, I felt pretty good, though, and my pace was much better than its been on my recent training runs! We got stopped by a train - bad timing on the part of the race coordinators - I was stuck there for almost 8 minutes; ZZ and AHM were there for almost 12 min. After tacos at the finish, we went our separate ways knowing that we'd get back together the following weekend for a "snowshoe pub crawl" up here.
Some of my goals for 2011 are:
1) Eat healthfully - I need to cut out the "extra" food and I also need to do a better job bringing my own lunch & snacks in. I'll save money and feel better.
2) Exercise >5hrs/wk
3) Spend at least part of 1 day/wk outside (skiing, biking, etc)
4) Travel more. I tend to be a homebody, but I need to get out for long weekends more often
5) Blog more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment