Monday, August 5, 2013

3rd Trimester!

According to "What to Expect", I have finally crossed into the third trimester!  And somehow, my body seems to know. I'm tired (well, that was to be expected after our epic move cross-country), and my low-back/right hip are starting to bother me. Plus, I had trouble getting through a crowded bar the other night because my belly is in the way!

I'm also WAY behind on pictures, and have missed a few weeks

21 weeks

The baby is definitely starting to kick, punch, and roll a lot more. Of course, when I was at my parents' house, he stayed low in my pelvis, so no one could feel him wiggle. My parents are planning to visit in August, so hopefully he'll be more cooperative then!

22 weeks

So far, the heat in FL hasn't bothered me at all. Of course, everything is air-conditioned, plus our apartment complex has a pool which is nice. 

24 weeks. No idea what happened to 23! :)

My last day of work was 7/11, and the City threw me a very nice party. After 8.5 years, it was hard to go, but I have to say that I haven't missed the work since, although I do miss the people. I think that the person that was hired to replace me will do a very good job and grow nicely into the position. 

25 weeks - in Indiana on our drive! 

7/25 was our 4th wedding anniversary! With everything going on, we didn't take time to celebrate yet. Our dinner that night was sausages heated up in the microwave and JD had a cheap beer. Quite the memorable event :) Now that we're getting settled and school has started for JD, we'll probably do something nice one of these weekends. 

27 weeks

Orientation for JD began the evening of 7/31. We were very happy that spouses/significant others were included in a lot of the social events, so I got to meet some of his new classmates. While most of them are younger, there are some who are closer to our ages. Last night was the "Significant Others Orientation" event, so it was nice to meet up with some of his other classmates who are married or in relationships. It turns out that there is a 2nd year med student & her husband who live just across the hallway from us, and there is a student who is older than JD. JD's "big sibling" is the guy that we stayed with when JD interviewed here, so we've gotten to spend some time with him and his wife along with some of their friends, which has been fantastic. JD had to be dressed up for the "official" part of orientation, so this is the picture that I took while dropping him off on his first day:
He was a bit nervous :) I dropped him off for both days of orientation and for his first day today, but from here out, he'll mostly take the bus in. It will be about a 30 minute ride, but it picks up just outside our apartment complex, and takes him right there. 

Today is JD's first day of classes, and from what I hear, it won't take long for them to get into the meat of things. Fingers crossed that all goes well for both of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment