28 weeks.
We don't have a full-length mirror in the apartment (yet), so these are the best that I've got. My parents came out last weekend to help us move into the apartment - we put together lots of furniture, put more boxes of stuff away, and made a big dent on the chaos that was here! The weekend before, JD's Mom came down to help us move our stuff up to the apartment from our 3 pods. We're appreciating having our parents a lot closer, and I think that its fun for them, too, even if we do make them work! Apartment pictures will be coming soon - as soon as the rest of the chaos is contained.
29.5 weeks
Our apartment complex has a pool, so I've been trying to swim several times a week. It is very short, so these are mini-laps, but its good to get out and move in a way that doesn't make me completely sweaty! In the late afternoon/early evening, they have an "Infant Swimming Resource" class - basically intensive 10 min sessions with each child teaching them how to float and how to find a wall in case they fall into a body of water. Considering the sheer number of pools and lakes in Florida, it makes perfect sense! I just have to make sure that I get my laps in before the classes start.
30 weeks with a Nieve photobomb
We're starting to get into the rhythm of things here, too. Weekdays, JD leaves for school by 6:45 to catch the 7am bus. I often get up with him and have breakfast, spend some time on the computer, etc. During the day, I work on putting things away, cleaning, cooking, errands, etc - basically running the household. JD comes home around 6:30/6:45ish, and I have dinner ready for him, and then after dinner he goes back to studying until about 10pm. He also studies one day on the weekend so that he can take his weekly quizzes (due Sunday night), but he does take about 24 hours to spend time with me. This weekend was a little different because of the holiday and the football game; plus they had their first test on Friday, so he didn't have as much studying to do over the weekend.
31 weeks with another Nieve photobomb - she likes fresh water from the tap.
I've met some great people here, and had my first Girls' night last week. It was a lot of fun, but made me miss my "Mountain Mamas". I also had lunch with a new friend and her adorable children. She and her husband had their second child during his 2nd week of medical school last year, so she had some good advice for me.
And that's pretty much the news here at the moment!
No comments:
Post a Comment