Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Gratitude

I'm having a crappy day. In general, its nothing major, but all of the little things add up.

- My boss and our permit tech are on vacation this week, so I'm filling in for them in addition to my work.
- We got home late last night and then I had to get up early to take the bus home, so I'm tired
- Our house is a mess because we're in a perpetual remodeling effort. I think that it will finally be done just before we move
- We're in a state of uncertainty while JD applies to med school - where will we be in a year from now?  I'm a planner and like to be able to get things all lined up and researched

- And the big one, yet another month of unsuccessful infertility treatment. That was a big blow. I haven't called the Drs office yet to figure out what the next steps are because I'm not sure that I can yet without crying (and I DO. NOT. CRY.)

So why is this post titled gratitude?  Well, I took a walk to try and settle down, and reflected on how lucky I am overall. So this is for me - that even though today sucks, my life is pretty good.

1) I'm so grateful that my parents are able to help us financially with our dream of having a child.
2) I'm grateful for the beautiful weather in Oregon today so that I could get outside for a bit
3) I'm grateful to have a good job (even if it does drive me crazy on occasion) - especially in this economy
4) I'm grateful to have good friends
5) I'm grateful for my husband's support
6) I'm grateful that I can walk and run and bike and get outside

I would love to hear what you're grateful for!
-Liz


2 comments:

  1. I wish I had something brilliant and insightful to add that would make everything that you're struggling through seem that much more manageable but I'm really terrible in the "words of wisdom" department. But...I offer my support/hope/encouragement?
    I'm grateful that nothing is preventing me from running. That I have a healthy family. That we're able to finally buy our first home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are on this road for some reason. I am not arrogant enough to even speculate but I just feel it in my bones. You are so strong and so wonderful. You have a beautiful family and the way you and JD support one another is a lesson and an example for us all. Your ability to stay focused on gratitude is inspiring. I will think of five things right now too. Thank you Liz, for keeping me honest. Even in struggles there is much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete