38 weeks - several of my shirts are now too small!
We've been hard at work trying to get projects finished around the apartment. My Mom and Sister came down at the end of September to help us get the nursery ready, which was a HUGE help!
Almost everything in this picture was a hand-me-down, except for the rug (from IKEA). My Dad made the changing table when I was born - I just repainted it and my sister helped me find the boxes to organize it!
My sister loves organizing! She and Mom sorted all of the clothes by size, and then put them into different (labeled) drawers so they'd be ready.
I got the dresser at a yard sale 15 years ago, and painted it and the handles to match the room. The wall hanging was a wedding present, and is Mt Hood with Timberline Lodge (where we got married).
I was definitely sad to see Mom and Julie leave, but I know that they'll be back down soon once our baby is born!
37 weeks
So far, I'm still feeling great, although I definitely get tired easily. I went to a big consignment sale yesterday, and the time that I was there wiped me out. I still feel tired today. I'm very glad that I'm not working, so I'm able to finish getting ready for baby's arrival leisurely.
35.5 weeks - the bottom picture is a funny angle, but its also the first time that I realized just how pregnant I am!
34 weeks - plus JD's head :)
At our most recent OB appointment, we had a quick ultrasound to see how baby was doing. He's head down, with plenty of amniotic fluid, and our doctor estimated that he weighs about 6.5 lbs right now and will be about 7.5 at birth if he arrives right at 40 weeks. This is great news, as we are hoping for a natural birth! My doctor said that baby's weight at birth is generally dependent on 3 things - mother's weight at the start of pregnancy, amount of weight mother gained during the pregnancy, and genetics. Since my sister and I were both slightly over 6 lbs at birth, and I have gained very little weight during pregnancy (I've gained the right amount given my starting weight), his estimated weight makes perfect sense!
33 weeks
Other things that we've been working on to get ready include installing the car seat in the car (done - although the baby will have to sit behind me since JD can't get the seat far enough back with the car seat in the way), meeting our pediatrician (she is one of JD's teachers and is great!), and packing our hospital bag. The hospital bag is basically packed now, with just the last minute things to gather up.
32 weeks - compare this picture to the 38 weeks picture!
The few things that I have left to do include just general organizing and putting things away in the apartment, and finishing the baby quilt that I'm working on for our little boy. Its an intricate pattern, but is turning out to be much easier than I expected. I just need to sit down at the kitchen table and finish it up! JD's trying to get all caught up on his studying, too, and has notified his professors that he could get the call pretty much any day.
And that's the news here. Posts to come with pictures of the rest of the apartment and of our baby showers (we are lucky to have awesome friends!).










No comments:
Post a Comment