These days we have a fairly good routine going. Wyeth wakes up pretty much anytime between 5:30 and 7 (anytime after 6 is considered "acceptable" to us - we're working on breaking that 5:30 habit!), we all eat breakfast, he takes his first nap about 2-2.5 hours after he woke up, he wakes up and we do an activity - Babytime or Music time at the library, going to the store (he LOVES the grocery store), etc. He takes another nap sometime between 12:30 and 2 (although he's been fighting it recently), and then we often go for a walk or some form of exercise after the second nap. Wyeth loves the pool, although we haven't been in the past week because of afternoon thunderstorms. Dinner is around 6:30, and we start putting Wyeth to bed by 7:30. Unfortunately, we've tried varying his bedtime, and it doesn't seem to influence his wake-up time much, although bed earlier than 7:30 does seem to result in an earlier morning wake-up.
(Wyeth and I did a fair amount of traveling recently - MD, Jax - so he's helping me pack)
Wyeth is almost sleeping through the night, as well, although teething keeps interrupting that. But if I only have to get up once (around 3 or 4am) to nurse him, that works for me! I'm feeling much more human now that I'm getting more sleep, and I know that last middle of the night feeding will be gone pretty soon.
Wyeth has gotten his two bottom teeth so far - the first one surprised us on Mother's Day - I suddenly noticed it while I was feeding him breakfast, and the second one finally came in the following Saturday. That second bottom tooth was not easy for him (or me).
(if you zoom in, you can see his bottom two teeth)
His pediatrician said that his top two teeth shouldn't be far behind, and he's been extra cranky recently, so I wonder if we'll see those soon. Luckily he's only bitten me a few times, and seems to have stopped that at least for now!
Wyeth has also learned that he can roll to get places around the apartment. I was working in the kitchen (where I can mostly keep an eye on him), and I kept looking in the living room to find him in totally different places each time. It was hilarious! He's a lot less frustrated now that he can get to where he's going. He can also scoot on his butt to get short distances. I've been baby-proofing like crazy around here :)
Look Mom - I found my toys and books!
Wyeth also LOVES to eat. The first few days he wasn't quite sure what was going on:
But now he loves it:
(avocados at my parents' house)
Some of his favorite foods these days are: avocados, oatmeal, sweet potatoes and yellow squash. He also eats bananas, mango, peaches, apples and peas!
He's also learning to drink from a cup (although he's much more successful when we help him)
I've been meeting some other mothers, and went to the stadium with two new friends on Saturday to work out.
The other two babies are 4 and 5 days younger than Wyeth :)
Finally, just a few cute photos of Wyeth:
Asleep in the car (we had switched vehicles with the car seat so it was just belted in instead of in its base)
It shouldn't surprise anyone that our baby actually came from REI :)
Some of the other photos that I missed posting:
6 months
5 months
4 months - on the beach with the Van Hees!
Hopefully I'll get a few other overdue posts up soon - Spring Break with the Van Hees & my trip up to MD to see my family.

No comments:
Post a Comment