Thursday, August 31, 2017

Visit from Nana and Granddad (July 20-24)

At the end of July, my parents came to visit, and we had a fantastic visit!

I only have pictures from 1 day, but my parents also took Wyeth to VINS and did a bunch of other fun stuff with him! We also walked around Dartmouth together and went to the Norwich Farmer's Market where I got some delicious fresh produce and beautiful sunflowers.

Before they came, Wyeth and I made vanilla chocolate chip ice cream to share with them, and we still had some dinosaur print sugar cookies, too, that we shared.
  

One morning, Wyeth and my mom made her Irish Brown Bread recipe. I had mentioned it to Wyeth, and how I made it for his Baby Gator potluck, and he said that Nana should make it to "show me the right way to do it"!


Here they are adding the buttermilk.

On Sunday (I think), we all went to the Montshire Museum to explore and play. It was great, and we even hiked a bit.

Granddad and Wyeth making bubbles


Wyeth making bubble walls

 

I didn't even know there was a splash pad there last time we went to the Montshire, so Wyeth was quite angry that he didn't have clothes to splash in. I learned, and this time he had a bathing suit.


And we found this cute bear statue on one of the trails!


This was Mom's first time seeing our house, and Dad's first time back since helping us move in. There were still a lot of boxes everywhere, but things were beginning to come together (and definitely looked a lot better than when Dad was there!).  We can't wait for them to come back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment