August ended and September began with Grandma (Sarah) coming for a visit. We had a great time! Sarah came with me to pick up Wyeth from school on Saturday, which Wyeth thought was awesome. On Friday, she and Wyeth went for an adventure, and they also went adventuring on Saturday, too. Sunday, we ALL went to the Aquatic Center for some indoor fun on a rainy day. Labor Day Monday was a quiet day at home - I got some yard work done, JD did some organizing in the garage, and we all played in the yard.

There was also lots of playing and book reading!

We were really sad to see Sarah go home, especially knowing that Hurricane Irma was on it's way, but as she said, she had to go take care of the beach.
We celebrated JD's birthday on the 7th with bacon wrapped BBQ chicken (crockpot), homemade coleslaw, and baked beans, with a gluten-free Boston cream pie for dessert. The week prior, Wyeth and I went to the local paint your own pottery place and made a coffee cup for JD. As Wyeth said "Daddy loves coffee, so he'll use this all the time". Wyeth picked out the cup and the color, and then I helped him paint it after he got bored.

I made JD a cool shadow box of his graduation and med school. I'm going to add (at his request) the UF logo and his name from his white coat. I'm really super pleased with how it turned out!

(Sorry Mom, Dad & Julie - the photo of our family with JD wasn't the best of all of us, and there wasn't a good place for it)
The weekend after JD's birthday, we went to the coast and had an AMAZING time! The Seacoast Science Center had their 25th anniversary celebration with Kwazii and Captain Barnacles from the Octonauts, which is Wyeth's favorite show. Wyeth insists that his name is Peso, who is the penguin medic in the Octonauts. For the event, JD and I made a Peso costume for Wyeth out of a black shirt, black pants, black hat and felt. I need to re-make the hat (the one I bought was too small) and re-sew the shirt (I just tacked it on in the hotel room), but he LOVED it.

It was a beautiful day at the coast. We saw the Octonauts show twice, but Wyeth didn't want to meet Captain Barnacles or Kwazii - they were a bit too big for him. They also had trucks to look at, and we of course went down onto the rocks.


(Daddy's shoulders have the best view in the house!)
After our time visiting the Octonauts, we went to Scott and Kacey's house (Scott was JD's best man as well as college roommate, and they live about 20 minutes from the beach in NH) to hang out with them. Wyeth had a fantastic time playing with Quinn, Clara and Paige. They went biking in the neighborhood and just generally played. Scott and Kacey fed us fantastic food, and we all were exhausted at the end of the day. On Sunday, we all went to the beach for another fun day. It was a great two weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment