Friday, April 27, 2018

More spring!

We are all loving the warmer weather here. It finally got warm this past weekend (highs in the upper 50s!), and I've heard that we're supposed to have weather in the upper 70s next week! Either way, I've been able to break out my short-sleeved shirts, and it's been nice to have some "new" clothes to wear.

Since I last posted, we've had two snow flurries - April 6 and April 16 - but that hasn't stopped Wyeth from "working" in the garden! I even dug out a small dirt "construction area" for Wyeth, but he prefers "helping me" get the garden ready for Spring. 


Bulldozer moving dirt and snow in the garden
Bulldozer and Backhoe getting the rocks out of the garden.
Given the cooler weather, we all went to the Upper Valley Aquatic Center on Sunday the 8th for some swimming. Wyeth made a HUGE improvement, swimming in his life jacket without holding on to either of us. He LOVED paddling around the pool and was so proud of himself and his independence. It was great, and is a really huge step towards getting him to be a swimmer.

On the 14th, we were supposed to have warm, sunny weather, so we invited two of Wyeth's friends from school over, assuming that the boys would spend the whole time playing in the dirt. It ended up being cold and windy, so they did play in the dirt a bit, as well as climbing up our "mountain" repeatedly, but we also spent a fair amount of time in the playroom. It definitely wore out all 3 boys - Wyeth was a zombie for the afternoon! I really enjoyed spending time with the other two moms as well. 

On the 15th, Wyeth played outside in the morning and noticed this Turkey Vulture sitting in one of our maple trees! 
Wyeth and I also went to the Montshire and had a great time there. Here he is popping one of the bubbles.
The Montshire has a new "wind" exhibit that we spent a lot of time in - all sorts of different ways to play with and use air to make things happen. Wyeth always loves the Montshire, and we had a great time together. 
Last week at school, Wyeth's class was studying dinosaurs. Wyeth knows way more about dinosaurs than I do, not to mention that all the dinosaur names have changed since I learned them! I LOVE this list. It just exemplifies Wyeth to me:
Wyeth says that the Anklyosaurus has armor and a hammer tail. Also note that Wyeth is right in the middle of ages in this group - Quinn and Xander are 5 while Curran and James are 3. 

This past weekend, we all headed up to North Conway for a weekend away. JD wanted a chance to ski Tuckermans' Ravine this spring, but unfortunately avalanche conditions prevented him from doing that. He did climb some of Mt Washington and got some backcountry skiing in. While he did that, Wyeth and I went swimming in the hotel pool, explored the North Conway playground and the Children's Museum, which he loved. The Children's Museum had 3 train tables, which occupied Wyeth for a good 30 minutes, plus a tree fort and an indoor sandbox along with other things. 

After that, we met up with JD for lunch and then road the N Conway Scenic Railroad for a 1 hour round trip ride which was a lot of fun. 
JD had to leave after dinner that evening to do some fire department training the next day (live fire training in a specially designed burn-building), but Wyeth and I stayed at the hotel another night. On Sunday, we went to the Weather Museum, where we learned more about Mt Washington and wind and weather, and then we played at the playground again in the beautiful weather. It was also Earth Day and they had a little celebration there, so Wyeth got to have a S'More that was heated up in a solar cooker and do some other things like that. Wyeth especially liked going down the slide, generating static electricity, and then zapping me! 

This week, Wyeth's school did school photos. I can't wait to see how they turned out. Wyeth even agreed to wear nicer clothes than usual for picture day. However, he was disappointed that we forgot to bring in some of his animals that he wanted to take pictures with, so we did our own picture session at home. I just LOVE his smile!
We're slowly getting everything ready for the Baby - we have the diaper changing station all put together and all the newborn cloth diapers ready.
Diaper Changing Station
I've washed the tiny clothes and have them sort of put away for now, and am starting to think about packing up a bag for the hospital. 
"Dresser" for the baby
We've been reading two Daniel Tiger books that a friend gave us about having a new baby at home, and Wyeth has really been enjoying them. He also likes to talk to my belly. 

I still feel great, and just hope that this boy stays where he is until June 11! All of my prenatal appointments have been normal and my doctors say everything looks great. 

31 weeks - this pregnancy on the left, with Wyeth on the right.
32 weeks.

32 weeks with Wyeth

33 weeks

33 weeks with Wyeth






No comments:

Post a Comment