It's finally starting to feel like summer around here, things are green and everything is blooming. With the snows in April, it has been a late spring, which has been fun.
On May 5, all of the towns in Vermont hosted clean-up days. We went to the Town Hall to get our clean-up bag, and also purchased an apple tree (fundraiser for their tree society) under which to bury Onyx. We cleaned up our road as well as what Wyeth calls the "Loop Road" (the road that loops to ours), and Wyeth had a great time. Town Hall has a park, so we played there for a while before we went to do our road clean-up. Wyeth thought that the concrete frog was pretty funny and enjoyed jumping on and off of it.
 |
| Cleaning up our road (he wore winter gloves to help keep his hands clean and also keep his hands out of his nose/mouth) |
 |
| Helping bury Onyx/plant our new Apple tree |
On May 10, our 6 new chicks came in! So little and fluffy. By now, they're starting to grow in their feathers and look super funny with downy fluff sticking out and short feathers. I haven't had as much time to socialize them as I had wanted to, but oh well.
Sarah also came to visit (I don't have any pictures), and was a huge help around the house and playing with Wyeth. The weather was gorgeous, so we all spent a lot of time outside.
On May 18th, I found the PERFECT kittens and picked them up - brother and sister. The parents are both fluffy, and it sounds like the father is at least partially a Maine Coon, so these two are expected to be big and fluffy. Right now they still have mainly their undercoats, and their longer fur is just starting to grow in.
They were terrified their first day here, but have quickly adjusted, and even tolerate Wyeth's running and jumping! In the bottom picture, the one on the right is the boy, Bode (Miller), and the one of the left is Lindsey (Vonn). Bode is a cuddler and likes to purr. Lindsey likes to play and explore. They had their first vet visit and got a clean bill of health, except for roundworms, which apparently most kittens have, but they were given a dewormer and we have a second one to give them.
Here are some pictures of them more settled in. They move so fast, I can only get pictures when they're resting! I had to buy the cylinder tower to put next to my desk to keep Lindsey from climbing up my legs all the time. Now they play and rest on it a lot. They tend to stay near each other, although Bode will often seek me out individually.
One Sunday afternoon we wanted to get some more plants for our garden, so Wyeth and I went to one of the local farms (that also has a sandbox to play in and cookies). We got a few flowers, and Wyeth had a great time playing in the sandbox. I think that I wore him out that weekend since he fell sound asleep in the car on the way home!
The big lilac bush in the front yard was absolutely gorgeous in bloom this year and smelled fantastic! We also planted the flowers that we got from the farmer's market and from the farm in Wyeth's old rainboots that had holes in them, and they look so cute on our porch!
Julie came up to visit over Memorial Day weekend, and with her help I was able to finish up nearly everything else in preparation for the baby, PLUS take a nap, PLUS get a lot of work done on 2 baby quilts for friends. It was a great visit, although I think that she and Wyeth wore each other out!
The quilt pattern is called "Snail Trail", and the two quilts use different fabric. I couldn't find dark forest green, so this was the closest I could get to Dartmouth green & white. These quilts went to two friends whose husbands are in JD's program. One woman had her baby in May, I'm due in June, and the other woman is due in July! I'm now working on finishing up the quilt for our baby boy :-)
The baby's "alcove" is ready - although he'll sleep in his bassinet in our room for the first few months at least. The bassinet that we got is a super fancy one that goes onto the top of our mattress and then swivels out of the way when I need to get up. It's great for a C-section recovery!
 |
| Alcove all ready for Baby Boy! |
 |
| Halo Bassinest. Lindsey has checked out the mobile, too. |
Wyeth still loves playing outside in all weather - we had our first summer thunderstorm and downpour this week, and Wyeth had a great time with his umbrella and playing in the puddles. Once we heard thunder, we put the umbrella down and he put on his hat to keep his head dry :-)
I'm now 38 weeks and everything continues to go smoothly! I'm slowing down, for sure, and trying to get everything at work and home finished up this week.
 |
| 38 weeks |
 |
| 38 weeks with Wyeth |
 |
| 37 weeks (yes, I like this maternity shirt a lot!) |
 |
| 37 weeks with Wyeth |
 |
| 36 weeks |
 |
| 36 weeks with Wyeth |
 |
| 35 weeks |
 |
| 34 weeks |
 |
| 34 weeks with Wyeth |
It's super funny reading back over the blog from when I was 38 weeks pregnant with Wyeth - I was in the same state of organization (mostly ready), and was actively working on the quilt for Wyeth!
So, that's the news here! Lots of time outside, lots of family time, and lots of work and preparation going on.
No comments:
Post a Comment