We planted sunflower seeds way back in June, and they are finally blooming! The marigolds are doing great, the tomatoes have finally started to grow - and I even got 3 big tomatoes! - and we have a mini-pumpkin (that has been beaten up a bit by creatures).


Wyeth is LOVING fall so far. One of our maples on the north side of our property has dropped a lot of leaves so far, and right now Wyeth's favorite thing to do is play in them - throw them, jump in them, etc.


Wyeth loved going to gymnastics camp this summer, so we signed him up for Saturday morning gymnastics class. He was so excited to go, and even more excited when 2 of his Moose Mountain friends were there! One of the moms told me that it made her son feel so much more excited to have Wyeth there. Wyeth was a total pro - he was comfortable and had a great time! He was so fast, it was hard to get good pictures of him.


After gymnastics, we go to the gym and he plays in the kids club while I exercise. And then Saturday evening, we had a fantastic time catching up with friends from college who live in the area! It was so amazingly great to reconnect with friends, meet their kids, and just relax. Friends there included people who I spent 3 months with in Costa Rica/Jamaica for my Foreign Study Program, a friend who I hiked the Grand Canyon with (and spent our sophomore spring break together on a trip out west), and another friend who I did biology research on Mt Moosilauke with. Plus there were other Dartmouth '99s who I hadn't met before.
On Sunday, JD and Wyeth BOTH did an adventure race! Wyeth wasn't so sure about it. at 9:28 (for a 9:30 mud race) he decided he didn't like mud. He wouldn't let us take his picture either. That evening, we determined that he had a fever, which likely influenced a lot of his behavior. He even fell asleep in my lap while we waited for JD to race. Wyeth did like the medal and snacks after the race, though :-)

JD did great - it was a really hard course up and down Killington ski resort. We missed him at the finish line because we were watching the wrong area and thought we had more time.

Since it turned out that Wyeth had a fever, he stayed home from school on Monday and Tuesday. I had some work to do, so he ended up watching a lot of movies. But we did also do some fun things like make banana chocolate chip bread and dig up our potatoes! Since we planted them late and in an area that wasn't sunny enough, we only got a few, but Wyeth says they're good (he's eaten about 4 of them so far - cooked but plain).

Next year I'm planting Peruvian blue potatoes, but these red ones are pretty good, too :-)
And now we're getting ready to head to Portland for a quick trip next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment