
We also found a super furry wooly bear caterpillar. Wyeth hadn't seen them before.
Sunday we joined our friends, Mike and Alex, as well as some of Wyeth's classmates to pick apples. Wyeth and I picked 50 pounds!!! I'm still not quite sure what we're going to do with 50 pounds of apples...
It was a gorgeous, hot day, and we had a great time.
The farm also had a corn maze designed for kids which Wyeth and Alex LOVED. They raced through twice!
Back at home, Wyeth approved of the apples.
Sunday, after picking so many apples, we finished packing up, picked up JD from work, and stayed at an airport hotel so we could leave dark and early on Monday to fly to Oregon. We had an absolutely wonderful time getting to see friends and enjoy the great weather they were having! We stayed at Jocelyn & Todd's house, and one of my favorite memories was seeing Meadow read to Wyeth.
I had such a great time, I didn't get many pictures, but Jocelyn and Todd hosted a BBQ for us on Tuesday evening, so we got to catch up with the old crew. I LOVED watching Wyeth play with all of the kids and getting to see everyone! Here's Mikell with me, and Wyeth with Mikell's youngest, Andi.
Wyeth also loved playing in the Sandy river.
I got to catch up with several other people at different times during our trip, and then on Thursday night, Gretchen, Kerry & Augie hosted us for a potluck with some of our Portland friends. It was so great to see them all, and really fun to see how much Augie has grown up! Augie, Wyeth and Xander were all super cute.
After that, we flew back to Manchester bright and early Friday, and were back to our usual routine on Saturday including gymnastics! Wyeth did get LOTS of compliments in the airports both days of flying because he wore his super cute moose jammies all day. Here are JD and Wyeth pretending to be deer at a restaurant before we drove back to Wilder (because they're my "dears" - Wyeth thinks that's so funny).
Needless to say, we were all a bit tired the following week, but it was totally worth it!














No comments:
Post a Comment